Does my child need to wear a mask at school?
- Masks are optional. They are encouraged to be worn in high-traffic areas such as hallways and busses.
How do I contact a teacher?
- The best way to contact a teacher is by email. Teachers’ email are the first letter of their first name followed by the first seven letters of their last name followed by @rvcsd.org. (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org for Mrs. Langenhorst)
What happens if a student or staff member contracts COVID
- The district will use guidelines provided by local public health and the Department of education. There is a link to this information on the Resources Page.
How will my child be graded in remote learning?
- Grading practices will be the same as when we are in on-site learning
How will attendance be taken in remote learning?
- Attendance will be based on homework completion
What to do if your child isn’t feeling well:
- Do not send your child to school if they have a fever of 100.4 or greater. Other symptoms to be aware of: new loss of taste/smell, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches. Please communicate with the school nurse if your child is tested/diagnosed with COVID or is being kept home with COVID symptoms.- Students who are not feeling well at school will be sent to the nurse’s office.
- If it is determined a child should be sent home, a parent will be contacted and expected to bring their sick child home within 30 minutes of the phone call from the nurse or other school personnel to help prevent possible COVID spread in the building. Students displaying COVID symptoms will be given a mask to wear until they are picked up from school. Students with a fever of 100.4 or higher will be sent home.
How does my child take an AR test at home?
- Go to: www.rvcsd.org/rp
- If it asks for a Renaissance ID, the ID for our school is RVCSD-36DG.
- Kids should be able to take a test from there